We originally had 11 kids scheduled to come, but I guess God had other plans for us. 10 children are here now, 7 boys and 3 girls. I hope to introduce all the kids to you slowly. I think the hardest part for me personally is that I'm not actually there in Thailand with the kids or staff. I mean, I get a lot of updates and pictures from them, but there's always something about actually being on the ground. :) I can't wait to meet all the kids when our team goes in July.
Praise God for the adjustment period so far! We half expected a lot of the kids to cry and maybe not want to be there in the beginning because they are away from whatever family they knew. But so far, the kids have been great! No crying and they all seem to be getting along really really well!
The hardest thing for the staff so far is that since school hasn't started, they have to watch all 10 kids 24/7...which if you have kids yourself know....aint no joke. Many of you guys have been asking how to help or what they kids needs...so below are some ways to help. :)
Please pray for :
1. Kids to come to know God, love God, and follow God
2. Kids in their adjustments to the home as well as new school
3. Pastor Yo and the staff for wisdom and discernment
4. Health- A few kids and staff have already gotten sick
Donation items needed:
1. Clothes- Kids range from 6-10, although a little bit on the smaller side. (Many of the kids arrived with only 1-2 sets of clothes.
3. Arts and crafts supplies
4. Financial support
I hope to be giving monthly updates on the kids and the home. God bless you all!